Win a Golden Ticket from BioMarin!October 08, 2021
As a new Gold Sponsor of LabCentral, BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. is excited to expand our interactions with the Boston biotech community and support promising start-ups as they work to advance innovations towards new therapeutic options for patients. LabCentral is a network of shared laboratory spaces in the Cambridge, Massachusetts, biotech hub and serves as a launch pad for high-potential life sciences and biotech start-ups.
The Golden Ticket provides the winning start-up with one year of free bench space for one scientist in LabCentral's shared laboratory, including the benefits of LabCentral's shared infrastructure and services.
BioMarin is looking for start-ups developing innovative therapeutic approaches and enabling technologies that can correct molecular pathways that are altered in genetic diseases. Our standard boundary conditions are:
- Genetic disease, with prevalence at least 1:50,000
- Treatment addressing the underlying molecular pathology
- Significant unmet clinical need with discernible clinical endpoints
- Transformative impact - where treatment is expected to stop progression or provide reversal
- Excluded therapeutic areas: oncology, infectious disease
We are interested in a broad range of modalities including:
- Small Molecule and Biologic therapeutic approaches
- Gene Therapy and Gene Editing
- Oligonucleotide and mRNA directed therapies
- Cell based therapies
Open call applications and application agreements accepted through 11:59 PST October 8, 2021
Head to this link to review eligibility requirements and submit your application today.
Finalists informed by October 22, 2021
Finalists will be invited to present to BioMarin during a virtual pitch event in October 2021
Golden Ticket winner will be announced soon after the pitch event