The Lobster Pot presented by WIB-Greater Boston & JLABSMarch 21, 2017
$10 for members
4:30pm Registration and networking
5:30pm Presentations begin
What better way to honor Women’s History Month than to celebrate powerful women in the life sciences? The Lobster Pot will feature two groups of influential women in the biotech space; six executives from startups actively fundraising, and four leaders from investment firms.
Come check out companies from across the life science spectrum. This event will also provide an invaluable opportunity to network. As the name suggests, this event will be in the "shark tank style," with each fundraising executive pitching to investors and the audience. The investors will provide feedback on the pitch and comment on the ideas presented. The audience will also have the opportunity to rate each pitch.
Join us on March 21, 2017, to learn how to pitch to investors more effectively, and to learn about exciting NewCos in the life sciences space. So whether you are starting your own company, raising money, or just want to celebrate powerful women, this is one event that you can’t afford to miss.
Presenting Companies (more to be added):
- Laura Hales, Ph.D. | Founder, Chief Business Officer, Extend BioSciences
- Leila Pirhaji, Ph.D. | Founder & CEO, ReviveMed Technologies
- Patrice Milos, President | CEO, Medley Genomics
- Stacy Chin, Co-Founder I Director of Research, HydroGlyde
- Nikita Virani, Co-Founder I CEO, Wizdy
- Emily Lindemer, Co-Founder, Hey, Charlie
- Marian Nakada, Vice President, Venture Investments, J&J Innovation (JJDC)
- Panel Members:
- Colleen Cuffaro, Ph.D. | Principal, Canaan Partners
- Paulina Hill, | Principal, Polaris Partners
- Alicia Irurzun-Lafitte, M.S. | Principal, Merck Ventures
- Ketki Karanam, Ph.D. | Senior Associate, Puretech Health