Dry Ice TrainingMay 29, 2019
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
RSVP: Contact Colby Tyler
Triumvirate Environmental presents "Dry Ice Baby"
This is a 1-hour training designed to instruct individuals on how to properly offer Dry Ice (a.k.a., Carbon dioxide, solid) for shipment by air according to the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations, including FedEx Express and UPS variations. Please note there is a $79 fee for each LabCentral 610 resident in attendance. This training is free for LabCentral residents as part of Triumvirate’s sponsorship of the 700 Main Street site.
The training includes the following compliance topics:
- Shipper’s Responsibilities
- Classification and Shipping Description
- Overview of Biological Materials Packed on Dry Ice - what’s regulated, what’s not
- Packaging- General
- Dry Ice Packing Instruction Requirements
- Marking & Labeling
- Shipping Papers
- UPS/DOT Exception for Medical Use
- UPS/DOT Exception for Non-Medical Use < 5 kg