Facilities & Services
Start productive experimental work the day you arrive. Plug in to an unmatched hub of biotech activity.
LabCentral provides month to month, fully functional lab space, permits, waste handling, plus all reasonably common lab equipment for bioresearch. Access to conference rooms, event space, and kitchens is also included. In addition, LabCentral hosts a large amount of programming specific to the interests of life-sciences startups.
Flexible and Fully Equipped Shared Lab and Office Space
LabCentral boasts room to accommodate ~200 scientists and entrepreneurs
- Ready-to-go, permitted lab and office comprising 54 individual lab bays and eleven 3 - 4 scientist "pods" in shared lab
- Fifteen private lab suites (450 to 1050 square feet) for companies of up to 18 employees
- Kitchen and open-plan communal space designed to facilitate interaction and collaboration
- Month to month service agreement for up to 2 years
LabCentral provides all reasonably common lab equipment for bioresearch, including:
- Autoclave, bottle wash, and ice machines
- Deionized water, vacuum, and gas supply
- Chemical hoods and BSL-2 cell-culture facilities
- Centrifuges, vortex, shakers, freezers, storage facilities
- Flow cytometry, PCR, plate readers, imaging station, luminometry, HPLC
- Maintenance of permits for all lab operations
- Mandatory EHS training and compliance for all lab users
- Maintenance of equipment and technical support
- Cleaning and waste removal
- A vibrant community, sharing knowledge and interacting regularly
- 54 individual lab benches: $4,000 to $4,820 monthly
- 32 dedicated desks with telephone: $730 to $1,220 monthly
- 11 lab “pods” with 4 benches: $17,400 to $17,700 monthly
- 16 private lab suites: $27,480 to $69,750 monthly
- 38 private offices: $1,860 to $6,900 monthly
- Per person resident fee: $425 monthly
Group purchasing is provided, as well as other programs where pooled access reduces costs. Companies may also contract for technical, business, and scientific contract research organization (CRO) support services.
Click here for more information!
700 Main Street, North, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Walking distance to the T
- Close proximity to major university research centers, hospitals, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies provides numerous synergies and partnership opportunities
LabCentral tours are held Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Click here to sign up.