Mission and Impact
Our mission is to help create the next generation of powerhouse biotech companies by providing entrepreneurs and innovative life-sciences startups with the space and resources they need to test out, challenge, and nurture early ideas. In order to create a fertile environment in which visionaries can thrive, we aim to:
- Foster a collaborative atmosphere that allows thought-sharing and creative exchange
- Offer best-in-class infrastructure to enable the unfettered practice of science
- Promote cost efficiencies through sharing of many services such as permitting, purchasing, maintenance, IT, and security
- Anticipate needs and roadblocks for entrepreneurs in order to provide the smoothest possible path to growth
- Create a bioinnovation ecosystem that fosters collegial interactions among industry, investors, government, and academia
2015 Impact Report – If LabCentral were an independent state, our companies would have raised enough early and seed stage VC funding to be considered the fourth largest in the country. In addition, 2015 saw nine companies successfully exit our facility and graduate into their own laboratories. These alumni companies raised over $178 million in 2015 and have grown to occupy over 90,000 square feet of Massachusetts laboratory real estate. Their departure made space for more resident companies who added nearly 100 new jobs to the economy. Learn more about how our companies are fueling their growth and the services that LabCentral provides to help them along the way.
2014 Impact Report – In our first year, LabCentral resident companies and their 110 employees raised over $200 million in venture capital funding. Read more about our offerings and the accomplishments made by these companies all while they consumed a tremendous amount of caffeine.